If you are looking for a custom web designer, you may be feeling like it is quite a challenge. There are thousands if not millions of sites on the web that advertise professional design services. So how do you make sure you do not pick a low-quality designer who destroys your company’s image. Do you know what type of questions you should ask a potential web designer in Houston? Even if you did, would you know what the right answers were? Hopefully this information will help you to better answer those questions.
Developer vs. Designer
Most people are not sure what the difference is between a web designer and a web developer. A web designer is someone who is responsible for creating the look and feel of your website. They will help you choose the proper colors, come up with branding ideas and logos, talk about layouts, and create mockups of what your future your website will look like.
A web developer is someone who uses these mockups to build a website that functions properly. They help make it a fully-functioning, branded website. However, they are not responsible for working with you to help you design it.
Questions to Ask
When hiring a web designer, there are a few questions that you should ask them or yourself before you sign on the dotted line.
* Does their style fit with the type of design you want for your website?
* Once the website is fully designed, who will be responsible for developing it into a functioning website?
* Will there be any upkeep or maintenance required once your website is finished? Will I be able to do it myself or will I need to hire someone?
* What type of files will I be receiving?
* Is there a designer who is on-call and available if I need changes or revisions? Does this cost extra or is it built into the package?
If you have read these questions and still aren’t sure if you need a web designer for your website, then ask yourself this question…do you want attention attracted to your business? If you answered “yes” to this question, then there is no need to try on take on the task of building a professional website all by yourself. It takes a great deal of time, energy, and boat loads of creativity to build a website that stands the test of time.
If you need a great web designer in Houston to create your website design, then Marion Integrated Marketing can help. Visit their website to learn more about their services.